Manually upgrade to Windows 10
Are you tired of waiting for Windows 10 update? don’t worry there is a way you can manually upgrade to Windows 10. Please note that for this you need to have a genuine copy of Windows 7,8 or 8.1 (if you are on 8 you might need to update to 8.1 first)
This is really easy to do. First visit this link and download the Windows media creation tool for Windows 10.
After downloading the tool double click to run it and you should get a window like this.
As shown in the image choose the option update this PC now and that’s it. It will do the update for you..! Really easy.
Note: Some people might get an error called “something happened”. If you do please follow below simple steps
1. Try running the media creation tool as the administrator (you can do this by right clicking the file)
if it still gives you the same error message try the step 2.
2. Changing the local and language settings to English (United States)
- Open command prompt and type this
and hit enter
it should bring up below window for you.
- First click the system locale button which will bring up the “Region settings” shown in number two and change it to English (United States) as shown
- Hit the “copy settings” button
- Then tick both “Welcome screen and system accounts” and “New user account options” and click ok.
Restart your computer to apply the changes and run the tool again. Hope this helps 🙂
Featured image credit – Microsoft.com